View Single Post
Old 03-15-18, 09:35 AM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5703 Post(s)
Liked 2,430 Times in 1,343 Posts
Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
As the OP, please let me help you know my intent: It's an honest question. I'm not judging, .....
I'd love to understand what you're seeing the the way I set up my question, I'm rereading my post and I don't understand what you're seeing in my words. (honest question, I'd like to avoid giving people the wrong impression about my intent)
I thought we were past that, and you don't need to justify yourself to me anyway. But since you ask what had my antenna buzzing..

The OP started with an observation, then you stated your preference and the reasons for it. You finished by referencing the photos riding no gloves in the cold and asked why.

As I read it, you were setting up a rational for wearing gloves and asking why other weren't acting as logic would predict. It was that dichotomy which led to my inference.

Had you eliminated the part rationalizing glove use, and simply mentioned the initial observation and the pros in the cold and asked I would have read it as more one of simple curiosity.

Even though you had no intent to imply anything, that didn't keep me from making then inference. Keep in mind that this is BF and there are so many posts saying one way or the other, "I do X, and cannot imagine why anybody wouldn't do the same", so there's a bit of a predisposition to read that sentiment into posts (maybe only in my mind).

As for the reason for some pros going gloveless, maybe the glove sponsor cancelled the contract, and this is an example of ornery spiteful obstinance. (don't respond, that was a joke)

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.