Old 10-04-19, 01:46 PM
LewisFernandes

Bikes: Cinelli Hobootleg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Swapping Italian carbon for new Italian steel! Help!!

Hi everyone! This is my first post so be gentle!

I thought I’d register on the forum, as my plan to start building a new steel bike will provide lots of opportunities to ask for advice and then pass it on in the future!

I’m trying to sell my 54cm De Rosa SK Pininfarina Ultegra to fund a new project that I feel resonates more with who I am as a cyclist. A new modern-retro steel beauty.

I’m currently weighing up and researching bikes like the Colnago Master & Arabesque, Cinelli Supercorsa, Wilier Superleggera and maybe a De Rosa Nuovo Classico. All the new frame sets. Having trouble deciding between these frames and wondering if anyone could help decide between them. I know for example that some of them differ with threadless forks etc which will mean quill stems will be possible on some and not others (I prefer quill) and other similar characteristics which set them apart.

It does have to be Italian I’m afraid, not because I am uninitiated and trendy, but because they really get me going and I have a real passion for Italian culture and craftsmanship.

If someone can help me pick one of these frames to build, I will be so so very grateful! Also, if anyone has one of these frames, I’d be interested to hear how they fit compared to a road bike like the one I have now.

Thanks!!
Lewis

PS- please tell me if this is the correct forum area for this post!! I was gonna post it in Classic/Vintage but it’s a new bike so...

Last edited by Homebrew01; 10-05-19 at 06:44 AM.
Likes For LewisFernandes: