Old 03-19-20, 10:34 AM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,451 Times in 723 Posts
Originally Posted by stardognine
Yep, green anodizing is pretty cool. 👍 Not sure how well you can see that one, but both water bottle cages are green anodized, and came with this bike when I bought it. 🙂

I’m halfway thinking I need a green anodized headset. 🤔
I thought about getting some green cages, but I hate the way alu puts marks on my bottles, so I've stuck with stainless there. I'm thinking about some green anodized chainring bolts and crank caps, but I think the originals are Teledyne or Syncros titanium, so I just don't know if I can justify it. I ordered some green anodized toe clips from a sketchy seller on Ebay, but they never came and I had to switch to ATAC-style pedals to help my knee pain. Maybe I'll buy some green anodized cable housing ferrules to make myself feel better

...Or just make my own ano bath and dye setup. The Vitus equivalent of Italianate pantographing! How hard do you think that might be!