Old 02-23-21, 05:41 PM
5 mph

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 50 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
1. Why would color coordinating his outfit make him have to carry his bike 8 miles?

2. If you buy a new helmet, can't you tell if it fits before you go for a ride?

3. Why is your seat sinking after an adjustment? Did you forget to tighten the bolt?

4. Is this post sarcasm? Could be.
Hello Big John..
Here are my answers.
1. I am a poorly dressed bike rider, mostly on purpose. That's because when I break down I don"t need to worry about getting grease or tears on my nice bike pants or jacket. Some of these items are really expensive. Fox Rain Pants are really up there. I really wanted to buy them. But then I thought, if I do, forget crawling into a ditch to change a tire .I would have to walk or run home carrying my bike.

2. When you have a. XL head, you dont have room for expansion on the liner often. Some helmets fit nice in the showroom but either my head swells or the helmet contracts after 10 miles of hard riding. And you get this huge cutting migraine.

3. Yes I have stripped or messed up too many aluminum bolts and fittings. Now I err on under torque. Which is why the last time I changed my seat, it sank to its lowest position.

4. No it wasn't sarcasm. It was Ironic. Unfortunately ironic statements get confused as sarcastic statements.
BTW I've always been a polite and thoughtful member of this Forum and tried very hard to keep it Alive with posts where others can speak.
HTH.
Likes For 5 mph: