Old 03-03-21, 12:04 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6177 Post(s)
Liked 4,794 Times in 3,306 Posts
Is petrol always the same as gasoline? It's great for a lot of stuff, including accidentally catching yourself and other things on fire. In my stupider days, I used it to clean gunked up parts of bikes and motor vehicles. It also kills wasps and fire ants on contact.

I quit using it one day after cleaning engine parts in the front of my garage with an open door and then watched as flames started at my water heater at the other end of the garage 20 some feet away and traveled to my pan of gasoline. Impressive! Just like on TV when the pirates, revolutionaries or otherwise bad guys would poor a trail of black powder on the ground and light it. Only much faster. Thankfully no real damage. But that was one of my CTJM events. Gasoline fumes in the right conditions can creep invisibly along the ground and easily find something to ignite them.

If petrol also includes normal automobile diesel fuel, then probably not an issue. Though you might have to wonder if any additives are an issue for you getting it on you.
Likes For Iride01: