View Single Post
Old 01-18-15, 07:23 PM
atombikes

Bikes: homebuilt FWD recumbents, Genesis 20" folding bike, 1986 Schwinn Tempo, Cannondale Beast of the East, 70's Peugeot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by diver858
Kudos on a very useful, informative thread. My wife and I were strongly considering Dahon C7a for travel bikes, are now heavily favoring the Genesis.

The subject of airline travel (domestic US) is an important one for us. We recently rode the Dahon CTa and D7 at a LBS, clerk assured us that the Dahon travel bag was suitable for airline transport, I now know that it is larger than the 62" threshold, making it oversized, subject to a $75 - $200 fee on US carriers. When considering some type of suitcase, other container: it is obvious that it must accept the 20" diameter wheel, images do not suggest your full 26" length is required. If you were able to design the ideal container (proper fit, minimal disassembly), what would you consider to the the optimal size?
Glad this thread is helpful. The 26" suitcase is about the smallest you could go. The 26" is a lot smaller than a 29".

Originally Posted by diver858
Would't most of mods described in this thread void the warranty?
I didn't get a warranty. In my mind, the only value of the warranty is on the frame, but the frame has a lifetime warranty, and none of the mods I made affect the frame.