View Single Post
Old 01-20-15, 11:01 PM
diver858

Bikes: Ritchey Breakaway; Motobecane Gran Premio COMP (steel 20 speed road bike); Genesis 20" Folding Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Placed an order for 2 bikes today, starting to order components and accessories, ran in to a snag.

Plan is to take the bikes as checked baggage, do not want to deal with an extra suitcase. After reading numerous articles online of people successfully using soft-sided carriers and even plastic bags, I have convinced myself that the risk of using a soft side bag is minimal, worth taking. The issue is that the quoted folded dimensions of 29"L x 26"W x 15"H do not fit ANY of the 20" bags found on eBay or Amazon - including the standard Dahon bag. As the bike is irregular in shape, I was wondering if it might fit in something like this http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/folding-bike-carry-bag/69078.

Not shown in any of the online articles is the use of packing film Office Depot Brand Stretch Wrap Film 5 x 1000 Roll Clear by Office Depot & OfficeMax - appears like a practical solution to me.

Thoughts?