rebmeM roineS

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro A20, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 347 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by gundogblue
Hi all,
Im 63 and used to ride alot but things happen and I hav'nt rode for 2 yrs, well I just got a new bike, it's a Trek 2.1 C, the place I got the bike from fitted the bike to me real well. I live 25 miles south of Chicago so it's getting pretty cold here so I put my new bike on the trainer. My first ride was a real shocker, while just spinning in easy gears, and not going fast, after 10 mins I was already sweating! My plan is to just spin easy for 10-15 min a day, 6 days a week, and increase it by 5 mins each week. If after a month all seems well I figure I'll start riding more aggressivly and start doing some short intervals, and mixing up my gears, and increase the intensity each week. Does this seem like a reasonable plan? Any advice on this will be greatly appriciated, Im thinking with the whole winter ahead of me, I can be in reasonably good shape for road riding this spring.
Paul
A 5 minute increase weekly sounds very conservative - imagine you would have no problem ramping activity up a bit faster. But, as BobbyG says "any activity is a good plan compared to none."