View Single Post
Old 08-18-18, 10:57 AM
krispenhartung

Bikes: S-Works Venge Dura-Ace DI2, KTM Strada 4000, Fuji Norcom Straight 1.3 (TT), Fuji Track Elite, BMC Trackmachine TR02

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
This by no means proves anything, but is just for discussion and commentary. I was just looking at my race data for the last week and a half. I looked at my fastest lap sprint in a Cat 4 points race, and then (after I upgraded to Cat 3 that night), a Masters Cat 1-3 points race 3 days later, again my fastest lap. This is a 400m lap, btw. During the Cat 4 points race, I was on restricted gearing (86 in), and my average fastest lap sprint cadence was 130rpm. On the Masters Cat 1-3 race, I was racing on 93 inch gearing and my average fastest lap sprint cadence was 125rpm. However, my average speed on the Masters race lap was 2.2 mph faster (at 34mph) than the Cat 4 (at 31.8 mph), yet my average power was 7% lower. Of course, much of this could have been related to the wind speed and direction at the time. However, if the difference is related to cadence and gearing, then I wonder what my lap time might be at 94 or 95 inches. I don't have enough Cat 1-3 data yet to draw any decent conclusions.