Thread: Finally! (?)
View Single Post
Old 10-16-18, 07:19 AM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
That's basically what I'm doing right now. I do have a couple personality issues, and it's hard to take negativity, but I managed to shrug it off and keep it up, now she's changed course a bit and is showing a mild level of support. I guess the alternative would have been obviously bad, being seen as unsupportive of my effort. Either way, I'm in it now.
It's not an 'official' weigh-in day, but I'm at 339.8 this morning.
I have my Surly on the workstand now, ready for its Clyde wheels, and it looks like I'm going to need to pull Jake off the wall this winter for a nice overhaul. We got ridin' to do next year.

I've talked with my brothers, who have also let themselves go to some extent. We plan to work on ourselves over the winter, and meet up in Clovis for the Tour de Taco next September to do the 60 miler.

After that. I have stripped my bucket list to ONE item: spend my 50th birthday on RAGBRAI. For that, I have a little less than two years, July 24, 2020.
Hope I can get a spot. Or we... if my brothers are still interested and ready.