View Single Post
Old 02-16-19, 09:33 AM
irwin7638

Bikes: Sam, The Hunq and that Old Guy, Soma Buena Vista, Giant Talon 2, Brompton

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by gattm99
Me and a buddy are going to do a self supported tour in Michigan. We haven't looked too specifically at a route yet and would like to incorporate a ferry maybe. I'd like to find people to go with us, Anyone interested?

Anywhere else I could post this invitation?

Thanks!
I'm in west Michigan and the coastline is probably the best place to start. I've toured from Union Station in Chicago and all along the western shore to Petosky. It depends upon how long you want to ride, you can catch ferries at either Muskegon or Ludington and cross the lake to Milwaukee. If something like that sounds good I might be able to help and be willing to ride with for a few days. Coming from Harrisburg, you might consider taking Amtrak from Carbondale to Union Station in Chicago, riding up the east Lake Michigan shore, catching a ferry to Milwaukee and returning to Chicago along the west shore. Here are a couple links to my blog, you can find more trips logged under the "Real Bike Travel" tab. Coincidentally, I plan to be down in the Shawnee Forest riding for a few days at the beginning of April. We might get together and talk then.

Simply Cycle: Business unusual.
Simply Cycle: Connecting the dots.

Marc