Old 05-30-19, 11:17 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by base2
Ok. I was thinking like if it needed a special torque to be accurate like some pedals (Pioneer?) or for accurate readings after chainring replacement (C1), or crankarm removal like some single sided, or some other complication concerning repeatative assembly/disassembly cycles or something

I imagine if I call & tell them a complete system, rings, meter, bottom bracket for a standard 68mm BSA they'll know what to send. I priced it out and came up with $948 all together. So...only $600 more than the C1 rings.

I think I'll at least look at single side crank arms, Ebay/craigslist, etc...that's more my budget as a gift for a bike that isn't even mine.
No, no complicated set-up.

How are you coming up with that pricing? NGeco are $490 if you already have a compatible crank (which isn't terribly common, given the popularity of one-piece spindle/spider/DS crankarm); if you don't have one, then you add one, but they often have FSAs for free or my Rotor which was $150, IIRC - definitely some low-cost options.

Not sure why you're adding the rings and bb to the equation, either - if your existing rings/bb are in good shape, use them. If they're not in good shape, then it's a cost that you're going to incur either way and shouldn't be included.