Old 07-18-19, 09:33 AM
chef09

Bikes: Kona Caldera , KHS CX 300, Cannondale Synapse Carbon 4

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello everyone- I just found this Forum because of a Google search I did"anyone using 46/30T on road bike?" I have a Cannondale Synapse Carbon 4 that uses an FSA Energy compact 50/34T 110 BCD 5 bolts(ABS I guess) It has the BB30 and SRAM Rival group-set. My dream was the adventure crankset by FSA 46/30 but bike shops said it couldn't be done and/or if possible the crank was $350 Canadian.

So instead today I am spending too much money to get a new rear SRAM Rival cassette 11-36 to give me 4 more teeth-then need a new derailler to fit the 4 extra teeth and a new front chainring since the original is a bit worn. This is a change from my 11-32 that came with the bike.

I can go up hills the way it is-we have mountains and such -mostly I stay away from the silliness like riding to Whistler(ski area). The problem is my heartrate goes up to around 175-185 on hills. My max. heartrate should be 165.

I wondered if I could just switch out two rings and put on a 48/32T combination to my existing crankset. If they are 110 BCD it should work? LBS said maybe the smaller ring will cause an issue by rubbing the front derailler and or chainstays.

Sorry for the essay. Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks