genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9873 Post(s)
Liked 2,064 Times in 1,416 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike View Post
Are the currently fielded sensors able to reliably anticipate and react appropriately in real time(other than come to a stop whenever confused) to what the operators (unpredictable humans or unrecognized/non-standardized proprietary driverless software/hardware) of other nearby vehicles do in moment to moment driving, let alone predict and react appropriately in real time to the actions of unpredictable pedestrians and animals?

Has there been any credible progress on any of the driverless car players sharing software technology and recognition data so that their vehicles can safely recognize and interact with each other in real time driving scenarios?
I have no idea... I don't develop the cars or software.

There is a video, at the link I offered, showing a driverless car reacting to boxes falling off a truck and a cyclist swerving. Maybe a better reaction than the "unpredictable humans" driving on the roads today.

But I don't know.

Nor do I know if Waymo plans on sharing/selling their software to other operators.

But I do know the roads today are filled with "unpredictable human" drivers who often fail to "predict and react appropriately in real time to the actions of unpredictable pedestrians and animals, AND other drivers" to the tune of some 40,000+ deaths a year.

What's your solution? Denial?