Old 08-14-19, 01:50 PM
dalava

Bikes: Moots Vamoots, Colnago C60, Santa Cruz Stigmata CC, and too many other bikes I don't ride

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RShantz
FWIW I have the same bike. And I have a buxum box. I was thinking of taking my bike on a trip and the LBS said it was going to be next to impossible if I didn't want to completely disconnect the brakes/cables. The LBS answer is what I had already determined but I wanted a second opinion.

The buxum requires you remove the bars and reposition them - like most boxes require you to do. The problem is that there's not enough play in the brake lines to really move the bars very far. I use etap so I didn't even have to worry about the shifter cables.
I build my own bikes. When I route the hydraulic hoses internally, I jam as much the hose as I can into the aero handlebar (for front) and frame (for rear) just for this purpose. Usually the aero handlebars are wide enough to give you a couple of inches of extra slack for the front, and the rear is never a problem because I can probably add extra 5 inches of slack.