holytrousers
hoppipola

Bikes: fausto coppi

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by 350htrr
OK, I did not read through this whole tread, since I had a thread about this same subject 5 or so years ago.... and... this is my SOLUTION... every time someone does something you think is in-appropriate/dangerous to you personally, passing you too close, cutting you off, opening the passenger door to scare you, or even just passing you within a foot and leaving a foot or two towards the centre line... I say this to myself... I Hope you have a bad day, (to myself) like we both would have had, if you would have miss-judged your maneuver, just a little bit/a weeee bit to much and bumped me into the ditch... I say that EVERY time someone pisses me off/scares me...

BUT guess what... I also say (to myself) things like I hope you have a great day, I hope you have a great holiday, or I hope you have a great week, … and I end up having a good ride 99.99% of the time because the good always outweighs the bad... IN MY EXPERIANCE, anyways...
I really like your second attitude, and that's what happens when one realizes that it's they who got a problem, and that one should be grateful for not having to live with such issues.
But if one gets angry, it's as if that harassment was his problem : why is that wrong ? to begin with, it won't help the other change. but the real issue is that if one gets affected, it means one seeks revenge. It's a sign that one is like that person because the stupidity has been welcomed, approved and nurtured. and that is a problem : it turns out that we are caught in the same spiral of hate. the other probably did it because someone did it to him earlier. When we get angry we fail to see that simple truth and we perpetuate the evil. Isn't it therefore more appropriate to see harassment as a weakness (as many have realized) and be rather ... different ?