Thread: Finally! (?)
View Single Post
Old 08-04-19, 12:55 PM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
The wide bars on the Cannondale look like wings--a good/cool thing. It will be interesting to see how the width feels compared to everything you've run before.
Huge difference with the extra leverage. In fact, too much for that bike's job, so I moved it to the Paratrooper, which is going to see me through some light trails for a bit. The narrower bars from that bike are now on the Dale, and I'm gonna give that a try as a casual group-ride mount.

Edit: I say casual, but the Dale's job is gonna be a bit more hard core. If I'm going to the city for a ride, and there's any danger (usually from newbie or distracted fellow cyclists) of damage, Dale's gonna get the job. While I think the Clyde wheelset is a bit heavy, it's just the thing to be sitting on when the riders ahead of you don't call out a pothole.

Last edited by velojym; 08-04-19 at 05:32 PM.