Old 09-08-18, 09:12 PM
Trevtassie

Bikes: A steel framed 26" off road tourer from a manufacturer who thinks they are cool. Giant Anthem. Trek 720 Multiroad pub bike. 10 kids bikes all under 20". Assorted waifs and unfinished projects.

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 1,154 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
Well, the both of you have ridden with these tires and I really haven't, so I'll keep the "more accelerated wearing after a certain point" in mind for the future, keeping in mind that Rob weighs more than a 100lbs more than me, and Trev , you don't seem to want to answer the detail questions I wondered about.

I think it's extremely unlikely that I will use these tires on a trip for a while, but while it seems that the tread toughness isn't anywhere near that of other tires, I guess I'll just have to see how they work over time.
I don't have enough mountain bike experience to have the knowledge of how MTB tires last compared to a tire like this, but I wonder if it's similar.
What I can say is how fun these were riding on dirt.
The reason why I can't be bothered answering a heap of questions about load etc, is that they really aren't relevant, this tire wasn't used in any unusual manner, in fact, compared to other tires I've used on other tours, Marathons and Mondials, it probably had an easier life. Another ET, that has done exactly the same distance and conditions on my partners bike is fine, hardly worn, and as others have posted, their results show that non faulty tires get good distances.
The point I keep trying to make is that some of these tires are demonstrably faulty, you can't pick them until they hit the failure mode, and when they do fail, they wear very, very quickly. If you don't get faulty ones, you can expect really good results from them.