Thread: Anniversary
View Single Post
Old 08-26-19, 09:39 PM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 1,678 Times in 827 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawkowl2
What demon controlled you to make such a post?

These two people people take their vows very seriously. Their example is one that should be followed.
Perhaps my attempt at humor didn't translate well over the internet and may have been inappropriate in any case. I was referring to Rowan's injury last year and the incredible and miraculous story that unfolded. I felt that Machka and Rowan's touring expertise possibly helped dealing with the unexpected logistical nightmare, and their undeniably loving bond and mutual devotion gave them the strength to face some of the worst uncertainties life can throw at you.

I suppose, reading Machka's candid updates gave me an overinflated sense of familarity with them, but I often fought back tears reading her posts. And I absolutely cried with joy reading Rowan's first post-injury post.

Slightly prior to Rowan's incident my wife and I dealt with sudden, serious, potentially life altering/life-ending medical emergencies involving two of our children and a grand child, which may also explain why I took Rowan and Machka's story to heart and prayed for the best outcome possible.

I meant no offense, and if I breached any sort of etiquette, I apologize. I simply meant that they had a tremendous, scary adventure they didn't ask for, and that they deserved a less challenging year.
Likes For BobbyG: