Old 10-22-19, 10:28 AM
antdd

Bikes: commuter: Soma Wolverine, Patria Roadster / cargo: Nihola Family

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr

The Archetype would be just fine. It's a great combo of weight and strength. Not shallow and not too deep. A 17.5mm internal is plenty wide for 38mm tires. I used Archetype rims for a 41mm gravel tire for years- easy to mount and nothing ever happened which is all you can want in a rim/tire combo.
Thanks for this insight. Since the frame (Soma Wolverine) has clearance up to 45mm with fenders (my actual fenders, the Honjo H50 go officially up to 42mm, but 1-2mm more is probably fine as well) and without fenders up to 50mm, I would like to have the option for that as well. When looking what Mavic says about rim/tyre combinations (http://engineerstalk.mavic.com/wp-co...tableau1-1.jpg), the 17.5mm of the Archetype should still work, even though it's on the max. recommended end when I would actually use 50mm tyres. So yes, I guess it should work, even though having a bit more buffer sounds better.
But I think in general I got some good comments and options, I will check with my LBS what they can get for me and what they think...
Thanks!