Old 02-24-21, 04:40 PM
Noonievut

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 262 Times in 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
You said you got with a fitter and decided to wait and see. If you change things up, how is that waiting and seeing? You also said the fitter thought you might want to be more upright, but you seem to be going against that and wanting to go lower.

I'm confused.

What is the actual problem you are having on the gravel bike that you think is fit related?
Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Had a proper fitting on the road bike, 6-8 months ago, it's perfect.

Bought the gravel bike a month ago from another store, sat on the bike and had a brief fitting. I had mentioned I felt more upright, etc., he said that's expected on a gravel bike, etc. We agreed to wait and see. I've since ridden the bike a bunch and feel a minor twinge at base of my neck and shoulders. I then take detailed measurements and what I noted above was different. I can wait and see, but it's February and I'm still riding this bike quite a bit and it will be some time before I'm on gravel due to weather. I'm questioning my original decision (sales persons recommendation) to wait and see...wondering if I should make some adjustments.

P.S. to be honest, I hate posting questions in forums (how much do I write, how little, will it make sense, I know what I want to say but I start typing and it's not exactly what's in my head, or perhaps I'm still confused so what's in my head isn't clear...), sometimes I post a question and one person nails the answer, another has no idea what I'm talking about. No one's fault, it's not the ideal setting IMO. Thanks though and I appreciate you taking the time to read and respond.