Old 02-25-21, 03:28 PM
Noonievut

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 262 Times in 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Don't hate it. Like a lot of things it's practice makes perfect. Obviously though we all... including myself, need more practice. I often think a brief but somewhat concise OP is best. Then as other start to get involved add more nitty gritty details to answer questions or to halt things that are misunderstood and derailing the conversation.

Sometimes a detailed drawn out OP is useful. But I'm loathe to read them. Simply don't have the time to get around to all the other things needing to be read.

Regardless do what you are used to. You'll probably evolve over time if you don't take offense of those that poke jabs at you or those that seem to enjoy rubbing salt in wounds. They are just part of forum life. At one time or another we all have been both whether we realize it or not.

As for your twinge around your shoulders, is your bar width different between the two bikes? If your hands are wider apart on one, then that might be making you too rigid. Might be you don't have quite the right reach and or drop. Might be your front tire is pumped up too much and sending too many bumps your way.

Other things too. Pester the place you bought the bike from about fit and if you can, pester the fitter of the first bike. Any free advice they are willing to give will probably be better than or as good as what you get here. They can at least see and watch you on your bike.
Iride01 Thanks for sharing that helpful perspective about posting. Well said!

Bar width (just measured) - while the state width is the same the gravel bar has some flair and when I measure width between the hoods the gravel bar is about 1.5cm wider. I don't think it's a problem just takes a bit of getting used to...as I really like these bars on the gravel bike.

I may end up bringing in both bikes to where I bought the gravel bike, so they can watch me on one then the other. Thing is, not everyone tries to match their road and gravel bikes, so I look to be barking up this tree and getting comments about the slight differences being okay. I know they do care about my fit on the bike though and will help with that as needed (already swapped the bar, said they can swap the saddle). It's not very close to home though so each trip there takes some planning...but if I give it more time and continue to have some discomfort this will be my likely next step.