Old 06-05-18, 06:33 PM
wphamilton

Bikes: Nashbar Road

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2934 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 228 Posts
Originally Posted by Equinox
Well, let's just say that the data collection protocol for this question is highly subjective. For instance, in the case of the incident with the motorcylce, you might not have counted that as a close call. Was it? Well according to my standards,it was. To another driver, maybe it wasn't. For the average driver, it would be "remakable" to drive 40 odd years with zero incidents. I'm not saying that I don't believe it, but I don't believe it.
A perfect driving record for 15 years should be objective enough. One accident in over 4 decades (red light runner hit me in back), that's objective evidence.

The problem here isn't how credible my driving record might be - it's the attitude that "stuff happens", that it's unavoidable. It's not actually that remarkable, not that difficult, but drivers will first have to accept that good drivers don't have these close calls, not seeing a bike or person, a moment of inattentiveness. If drivers do have incidents, then there is something wrong with what they're doing.