View Single Post
Old 06-28-20, 09:59 AM
Chuckles1

Bikes: 2007 Motobecane Fantom Cross Expert, 2020 Motobecane Omni Strada Pro Disc (700c gravel bike), 2021 Motobecane Elite Adventure with Bafang 500W rear hub drive

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 143 Times in 94 Posts
Originally Posted by thumpism
Riding a bike, I'm more angered by those who will not pass (cars in this case; motorcycles don't not pass) than by those who pass badly.
Since Covid-19 shutdowns, I've noticed a lot more of this. I give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they think they're being courteous. But of course they are just forcing us onto the usually broken up, debris ridden edge of the road. Sometimes if they are taking a right up ahead, they'll ride my tail for hundreds of yards to avoid passing. Again, they are trying to be thoughtful, but don't realize they're increasing the odds of the cyclist losing control due to factors that don't affect motor vehicles as much (broken pavement, soft shoulders, etc.). Just one of those things that only driver education could cure. I try to signal my displeasure with body language, but doubt the message is understood.
Likes For Chuckles1: