Old 02-02-11, 05:16 AM
sekaijin

Bikes: 2000 Litespeed Classic, 1984 Schwinn LeTour, 1998 Gary Fisher Marlin, 1969 Hercules, 1977 Sekai 5000 Superlite, 1993 Koga-Myata TerraLiner, 2013 Trek Farley.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrWenzel
Well I got what I expected no lottery winner for me. I guess I can use the extra money on the new bike. I still wonder how many people won entry and will register. You know if you don't register and you took up a spot you don't get a spot in the ride. There so mean to the people that take up a spot and don't pay for that spot. Maybe next year they can register for a spot and not do the ride again. Great system.
I think this full-lottery system is saner and no less fair than the old "online feeding frenzy" way, which had me and cyclists across the land yelling and swearing at our computers in unison. Demand exceeds supply so there is no way to satisfy everyone.

Then again, they could just raise the price. Hard to know what the magic price is, but maybe a $150 HHH would not need a lottery. Would you prefer that?

Anyway, lottery winners have till 2/18 to register. There will probably be quite a few who don't.

My guess is there will be a 2nd-round lottery for the unclaimed slots ... so pay close attention to the HHH website between now and 2/18.

If not ... it happens. Been there.

Originally Posted by CPcyclist
I think I will volunteer this year if the weekend works out
I recommend it. That's what I did when I didn't get in. The volunteering itself is fun, and I really liked not having to sweat over getting a slot the next year.