View Single Post
Old 12-29-13, 01:08 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3137 Post(s)
Liked 1,705 Times in 1,030 Posts
Originally Posted by bennyw

2. Going back to the main problem. I can't make child's bike rideable. It requires rigid front wheel connection and i don't think i can make it any better than Trail-gator or FollowMe
However there may be another solution - i can easily install seating platform and handlebar on the rack itself, so during towing child will sit on the rack.
If you think it's appealing, i can make this addition in a day or two and send a picture
You know, that could be a really neat solution! I do have to say, though, that I'm not particularly in the market for such a thing right now, so don't mock one up on my account. It may be that, if I could find a really attractive solution to the tow/ride problem, I might pick one up, because my 7 year old isn't quite up for some of the trips we make, but could ride solo once we get to the event/destination, and so something that could handle that situation would be a welcome addition.

Right now, I handle it by strapping her and her bicycle into the trailer, and I just live with dealing with the trailer-- either locking it up somewhere or towing it empty-- when it comes time for her to ride on her own.

I've got a 2yr old coming up, too, so I can see having need in the future as well.