Old 11-28-15, 01:14 PM
berner

Bikes: Specialized Secteur, old Peugeot

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)
Liked 496 Times in 299 Posts
[h=3]Cajun Humor[/h] by Bern » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:14 pm
I lived on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi for about 10 years and enjoyed the experience a great deal. The people are lively and fun and usually very courteous. For example, if being passed by someone on the street, you will get a "good morning" or "afternoon" or a" Jesus loves you". On PBS there was a program I particularly enjoyed where a Cajun, named Tommy Joe Brough, originally from Brough Bridge Louisiana, and with an accent as thick as gumbo, told stories about his home town and friends and family.

One story was about Tutu La Fouche and his cousin Edouward. Dey took it into dere heads to go goose hunting in Wiskonson, even though dey had never been out of Louisiana. So dey load up dere truck and set off. Dey get dere and find a good lake to hunt. As dey look around, suddenly dey see an ultralight plane buzzing overhead.
"Cousin Tutu, do you see what I see? Look at the size of muskeetos here.

"I see dat Edouward - but look. It's got aholt of that poor fellow in it's claws. We can't let dat muskeetow devout dat poor fellow, even if he is a yankee. We is got to rescue him."

So dey blast away with shotguns and in less than a minute that ultralight is just tatters slowly spiraling down. Well dat felow was well bloodied and lived but vowed to avoid Cajuns for the rest of his life.