Thread: ebikes
View Single Post
Old 05-02-19, 04:15 AM
BikeTall

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
I have nothing against any rider of any age wanting to ride an ebike for commuting or touring. Whatever tickles your fancy. It’s all good. I am fairly young & in great shape, so I haven’t considered an ebike really. But I sure would love to try one for fun. I do a lot of international touring however, and from what i understand, no airlines will let you bring an ebike on a plane. So thats a dealbreaker for me. Otherwise, i think they are kinda cool. And tech is improving all the time. Here in NYC Chinese delivery guys have been using ebikes for years. I love racing them. Lol. And I am kinda jealous when they blow past me up hills. Argh! I often wonder how good an ebike would be with loaded panniers. Especially pulling loads up hills. Could come in handy. But then if you run out of juice how annoying are they to pedal with the added weight of the batteries? And if you’re out in the middle of nowhere, how hard is it to get them charged again. For now, at my age, I am fine with no electric assist. But i could see where it’s a great thing for some people. Anything that gets people moving is fine by me.