View Single Post
Old 05-05-19, 11:43 AM
Raleigh74

Bikes: '74 Raleigh Professional, '73 Raleigh Grand Prix, '84 Nishiki Medalist, '85 Gazelle Champion Mondial AB, '81 Peugeot Course, '79 Univega Gran Rally, '85 Torpado Super Strada

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
The front derailleur is a Nuovo Valentino. The levers are Record. The derailleurs and levers are OEM spec. At first, I thought the crankset was the OEM spec Ofmega Competition but then I noticed the swaged construction, so it should be a Gran Premio. You don't include a good picture of the headset but it may be the OEM Spec Ofmega (no model given). FYI, the spec tubeset during this era was Columbus Aelle R. These typically came with pantographed stem, post and chainrings.
Thanks for the info T-Mar, I thought the levers were Record but wasn’t positive.

Many of these parts are off another bike which prompted me to begin with the thought process of making it OEM, since I was partially there. But, that quickly changed to a “what do I have and what can I afford” mentality.

I did check eBay for the pantographed components, everything I found was too rich for my blood.