View Single Post
Old 06-03-19, 10:05 PM
brawlo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Sablerider
I have started doing keto about 2 weeks ago and I want to get back on my bike this summer. What are some realistic goal I can stick to? 100 miles a month?

For example I normally start exercising really strong but fall off do to life and such.

How do I balance wanting to lose weight bad and not burn out and end up gaining more weight in the process?
Losing weight quick is cool, but to sustain it you have to break the habits that got you to that weight gain. Depending on how long you've had those bad habits, and your personal fortitude, they can be a hard thing to break forever. The severe change that leads to quick weight loss makes it something that is harder to sustain in the long term. Some can do it but most can't and end up bouncing back. Make changes that are far more sustainable and focus on some sort of goal, and keep shifting the goal posts to keep things going.

As for on the bike, it's personal. I did a whole lot more than 100mi/month myself, but it depends on where you're at with fitness and what kind of riding you like to do. I like faster bunch riding and racing, so I do more miles in line with that. Some people just like to cruise around and "smell the roses" and that's fine too. Just do what works for you and try and get something consistent going. Remember that that exercise is every bit as good for the mind as it is for the body