Thread: Road cyclists
View Single Post
Old 06-10-19, 07:50 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,474 Times in 4,181 Posts
Originally Posted by Hr1
Has anyone else noticed how riding a road bike is competely different than riding a mtb or cruiser?
Yes- it is completely different for me. I ride my road bikes fast and in relatively straight lines, so the bike's geometry is set to enhance that. I ride my mountain bike slower and in very twisty lines over a lot of bumps, so the bike's geometry is set to enhance that.

Originally Posted by Hr1
The lack of a cushiony suspension or shock absorbing heavy, wide, low pressure tires + a heavier, thicker seat end up isolating the rider from really being one with the s road.
You lost me. A lack of suspension combined with heavy wide tires and a thick saddle end up isolating the rider from being one with the road? If you are describing a road bike(since it doesnt have suspension), then it doesnt have heavy wide tires or a thick saddle. If you are describing a mountain bike, then it does have suspension.
Either way, what you described typically doesnt exist.

Originally Posted by Hr1
Riding a SS really dramatizes this fact. A fixed is the limit, but I cheat a little riding a freewheel.
Why would single speed dramatize whatever it is you tried to describe? Since Im lost as to what you tried to describe, i definitely cant understand why single speed would dramatize it.

Originally Posted by Hr1
I've always thought it'd be interesting to see a cop in a mtb chase a cyclist on a road bike. I'd put my money on the road bike.
What you find interesting isnt what I find interesting.
A buddy of mine can ride his full suspension mountain bike as fast as I can ride my road bikes. Its more effort for him, but its still doable for tens of miles and is impressive.
Odd thing to find interesting.

Welcome to BF. Should be fun to read your threads if this is what you start with. I thought about just inserting the Billy Madison meme about you being awarded no points, but figured I would take a few minutes to respond since im bored at work right now. You are welcome.