View Single Post
Old 07-08-19, 11:56 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4830 Post(s)
Liked 3,951 Times in 2,569 Posts
I got the smallest Black Diamond at REI 6?, 8? years ago, Love it. It is not large. Doesn't unzip fully so loading it is more of a challenge, but on my back riding it is the best pack I've used by a lot Unless it is fully loaded, I often forget I have it on until I arrive. It is also narrow enough at the top that I don't see it using a short helmet mounted mirror.

I don't recall it being advertised as waterproof but I have never arrived with wet contents unless I forgot to close the zipper. Very well constructed adn thought out. I have not done anything besides use it and it is virtually as good as new. (Actually conderably better since I added ties to hold a U-lock in the sleeve behind the neck, keeping tie lock portion close to the sleeve. Also added many square inches of good reflecting tape.)

The test I consider critical that it passes is the clipboard test. A standard letter sized clipboard fits and isn't too hard to get in and out. Once in, capacity is barely changed.

Ben