Old 04-10-17, 11:06 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18428 Post(s)
Liked 15,582 Times in 7,337 Posts
Originally Posted by suburbanbeat
The route that I am working on is here.
I'd be wary of stealth camping at Lake Nockamixon. Rangers might bust you. If you take the "tried and true" route from the Philly area to New Hope, PA you can pick up the canal path and take it right by Dogwood Haven campground in Upper Black Eddy. Dated place, but decent enough with total shade. It's mostly seasonal people so it's generally on the quiet side. Only $10/night if you arrive by bicycle. Across the river in Milford, NJ there is a decent market for a town its size and some restaurants.

The "tried and true route" I am referring to is the one many BCP rides use to get back into town from New Hope. At my suggestion, Adventure Cycling included it in its Atlantic Coast route. I can give you the details, but in general you could pick it up at the intersection of Tennis & Susquehanna. Or you could simply stay on your route to mile 46 and then drop down Marienstein and Bridgeton Hill Rds. to Upper Black Eddy. The entrance to Dogwood Haven is just off the canal path at Lodi Hill Road.