Old 05-30-20, 11:28 AM
qclabrat

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 63 Posts
Originally Posted by JMONAY
I come at risk of the "origin story" being needlessly wordy so I'll just say that a series of events has led me to begin a nice '90s GT project (frame only, no original fork) with disc brakes as a fun bike to ride around. I know the bikes were made for V brakes, but I want to use as much as possible out of the pile of parts I have amassed, and this includes 650b wheels with 2.1" Thunder Burt tires which I have already confirmed fit comfortably in the frame, along with TRP Spyre mechanical discs. I'm aware of brake post adapters that can move brakes up just far enough to work with 27.5" wheels on a 26" frame, but they're kinda pricey and I just really am not feeling them. I found out a little too late that even though the Chaser tech website doesn't show everything as being out of stock, they are essentially not really selling anything anymore, as far as I can tell. I was banking on being able to get a Chasertech disc brake adapter since it transfers the braking force on the V-brake post and not in the middle of the chainstay like the cheap adapters we always see. I've written to them wondering if they're gone and am waiting for a response.

Does anyone know of other adapters that work similarly, or of anyone who I could possibly buy a Chasertech adapter from? I'm haven't had any luck scouring the used market online, so far.

P.S. I know that my build is potentially sacrilegious, but of the my planned modifications are reversible and won't harm the frame ... Please don't kill me
Never heard of Chasertech, but I've had the Woodman Disco system for many years. It works fine but v-brakes on the rear has been fine when I have a disc fork on front. That's the way I'm currently running my Ibis Mojo 1. My other 26rs dont have disc forks so the hubs have been in the bin for a while. With being home so much now, I have plans to rebuild them. And move them back to the Mojo. Will post an update when I get there.
Woodman - Disco System - Disc Brake Adaptor Complete With 32 Hole Hub Cycling