Old 12-10-18, 11:29 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by wipekitty
All of that will definitely help! It's of course a good idea to have a backup plan, and it sounds like there are many available options in your area.

You have lots of hills, right? I applied for a job in SF and that's one thing I've thought about...were I to get the job (a really long shot at this point), just commuting might be a pretty serious workout!
Yes, there are hills, lol. Part of what is going to make this do-able for me is that "eventually" I will get my kickstarter friction drive for my bike. Total weight 6 lbs including battery, on/off in 10 seconds, and fits in my sling bag I wear riding. The bulk of my riding is pretty flat or easy hills but having this to pop on when I know my route is going to be more than I can handle will be huge. Until I get it, I will just have to either use the gears and hope my knees don't blow up too bad or research a longer but easier route. Fortunately, I'm retired, so I can just choose to not go somewhere if I can't get there without the motor. Once I get it (Feb. I think) it's got the power to get me up almost any hill but the ability to either turn it off or just take it off otherwise. It's only 3 years late...hahahaha....but I do believe he is getting close to release. If not, I can always get a hub motor and swap front wheels. "Technology makes things possible" ;-)

Working in SF is great, but if you get an offer make sure it pays enough to afford the rent - it's pretty expensive.

Last edited by linberl; 12-10-18 at 11:32 PM.