Old 09-25-13, 02:06 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by abstractform20
thanks for answering my questions. i really appreciate it.

Are you claiming or implying that the improved time was a result of abandoning strength training, or the product of years of increasing strength (capacity for power output) through weighted movements in conjunction with cycling specific programming?

was your programming self-produced, or did you have a strength coach make recommendations?
No. All 4 years of strength training contributed to the 2,100W in the 5th year.

There are more ways to skin a cat than there are cats

I can cite anecdotal evidence to assert any position. For example, you've seen the German's and British lift. The fastest guy in the US right now, Kevin Mansker, doesn't lift (to my knowledge...Kev correct me if I'm wrong). He does his work on ergos, track bikes, and road bikes. Kevin posts here on occasion. I trained with his coach, Kirk Whiteman, last year and gained LOTS of insight into that style. Kirk is a great coach and racer.

Work pressure abruptly truncated my season (and made an all-around grouch).

My programming was a mix:
Season 1: Coached by Stephen Hill (2x US Elite kilo champ, multiple masters world champ, coached others to similar results)
Season 2: Coached by Jennie Reed (3x Olympian in sprint and endurance events, Silver medal in London, WR holder, World Champ, wonder woman, coached elite world-level athletes)
Season 3: Self-coached
Season 4: Self-coached
Season 5: Coached by Kirk Whiteman (Elite racer, masters world champ, coached elite world-level athletes)

Plus I'm an information sponge and nerd in general.