JanMM
rebmeM roineS

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro A20, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 347 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
....I know this will seem counter intuitive to you, but I will mention it anyway. The day of readily available loose ball bottom bracket parts such as the various spindles and cups you need to accomplish rebuilding with similar parts is long past. It was hard to do even over at the bike co-op, where we had a whole box of old used spindles and miscellaneous cups.

The world of available parts has moved on to sealed unit BB replacements. In your case, do yourself a big favor and when you get that fixed cup out, make certain you measure the width of the BB shell, the length of the spindle, and understand the threading standard you require for the cups. Then order a readily available square taper BB replacement sealed unit (don't get the cheapest one, but you can get good quality in the 20-40 dollar range), repair your bicycle, and move on with riding it.

That's what I would do. In fact, I have done it a number of times. I don't even think anyone is manufacturing loose ball BB spindles or cups any more (but I might be wrong).
This would be easier now and easier in the future.