View Single Post
Old 11-06-18, 08:37 PM
brawlo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Ride_Fast
What is the ideal weight for a track cyclist? Say 5'8? (my size).
Originally Posted by carleton
How long is a piece of string?
@carleton is right. There's no guideline here, just reduce your excess fat. Have a look at any high level track racing and notice that all the riders are different. Don't sweat the detail

Originally Posted by Ride_Fast
He bounced back saying that unused sugar turns into body fat. How is the sugar not being used if I'm burning so many calories throughout the day? I don't own a car so we're not even adding how much I walk/ride throughout the day. Let's say that I wasn't working out at all. The sugar will make me fat just like anything else I put in my mouth. So saying that sugar makes you fat is a throwaway statement.

Ok, so let's say that Saturated fat and Trans fats don't make you fat (which it does). And let's throw cholesterol in there too while we're at it. If something isn't good for your health why include it in your diet if it's a pitfall? You can still be healthy consuming these things just like you can be healthy and smoke cigarettes, but it doesn't change the fact that it's bad for you.
What I have learned about diets is that it really doesn't matter. It's really about calories in vs calories out. Excess calories of any origin will find their way to becoming fat. What I have also learned is that different foods provide energy in different ways, but that's another discussion