View Single Post
Old 04-28-19, 02:10 PM
ToddTheBod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by andythebird
Im gonna ride a kilo in october 2019. i need som training tips,tricks and maybe some sample programs.
im a newbiee on the track. so any tips will help me alot.
You're going to want to work on starts, your Pmax, and also your anaerobic capacity.

Generally, anaerobic capacity adaptations are some of the "quickest" to gain, so they're added to the program more toward the end, before you taper. For anaerobic capacity, you're looking at doing 30-40s intervals either in something like 3-4 rounds of 4 mins of 30/30s, or something like 4-6 all out 30s efforts with partial to full recovery in between. In order to stimulate the anaerobic capacity improvements, you need to dig DEEP.

Starts, a huge benefit is getting someone to film you. Starts on small gears, race gear, and big gears, all good things that can be included in your start work.

Pmax, you're either going to need to get stronger, i.e. lift more weights, faster, i.e. build up leg speed, or both. If you've got a powermeter, you or a coach can look at data and see if it's likely you need more force or more rate of force development. You can also kind of "tell" if you're a more advanced rider which you need. If you feel like when you sprint you wind out a gear pretty quickly and at a relatively low cadence, you need more RFD, if you find yourself unable to really push bigger gears or push hard enough at low cadences like in a start, you need to develop more force.
Likes For ToddTheBod: