Old 05-20-19, 12:00 PM
zigmeister

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
No such thing in amateur racing getting a flat and getting back on..CAT 4 levels and up...they are long gone. And no service vehicle will let you draft after a wheel swap...so good luck with that. At least down in Florida.

Best I ever did 1 time was after a crash in front of me and I was at the back of the group/caught up behind the crash...got around it..and they were moving still at a good clip. I the last person to gap back onto the group, chased for like 2 miles and was flat out...still finished 10th place due to a crash on the finish...this was the start of the last lap of a 14mi loop RR. Pretty much lit all my matches just to chase and get back on. I was impressed with myself...because a bunch of guys I passed and nobody else got back on...rare form I guess.

Two races I flatted, 1 initially the support truck was letting me draft, then he took off...would have had a chance, but then within 1mile up the road, there was a crash, so yeah...the other time, I just put my bike in the back of the truck, road back to the start/finish and said let me out...heading home.

Joke compared to pros and all the support/vehicles they get to get back on a big group...plus the pace normally isn't insane when that happens to them.