Thread: Argos
View Single Post
Old 11-24-17, 02:56 PM
amedias

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 38 Posts
and because this maker seems to be so far below the radar, it will be almost universally met by "huh?"
Still pretty well known over here in the UK...

lots of people know them for their paintjobs and restoration work, fewer seem to know they are also exceptionally good builders. They don;t turn out that many frames but the ones they do are very very good!

I'd be inclined to take the story with a pinch of salt too, especially as it's possible the imported frames were batch built and not necessarily the same as the custom stuff, as until that anecdote I've never come across an 'off the peg' Argos, they're very much custom builders (normally)

The curious thing I always find with Argos is that they do some very very posh and flaymouyant paintjobs and restorations for people, but almost invariably their own bikes, unless specified by the customer, are very understated, still well executed, but not as 'flashy' if you know what I mean?

There's a few local to me as they're only about 70miles north of where I live, and I normally see at least a couple of most of the local audaxes, just really nice bikes, and they get nicer the closer you look!

Last edited by amedias; 11-24-17 at 03:01 PM.