Old 11-21-17, 04:21 PM
Flounce

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Which brand/model triathlon/TT bike for non-triathlon road use ?

I don't do triathlons. But I have N+1 fever. I do solo rides with long flat straights, uninterrupted by curves or hills. I read about a guy on this forum who did a fast double century on a triathlon bike, and I train for doubles. I've read that tri bikes , properly set up, can get you 1 mph or faster on flats. I have aero bars on my road bike right now - road fit, not aero fit - for another position on long rides, and I find resting on my forearms really comfortable.

Perhaps all this is a stupid reason to buy a tri bike. No matter, I have money. So if I'm going to spend $2-4K on a tri bike for the above purposes, is there a particular brand that is better for intended "general road use?"

It appears that the Cannondale Slice is fairly lightweight, and I'm thinking that would be good since I will encounter hills now and then. I also see that with electronic shifting, I can have a second set of shifting controls that allows me to shift gears when I'm not on the aero bars. Any thoughts or gear recommendations would be much appreciated.