Old 07-26-20, 10:25 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1627 Post(s)
Liked 3,112 Times in 1,682 Posts
95-miler in my fave socal riding area...west side sammos. usually don't ride in the santa monica mtns on the weekends. auto/motorcycle traffic not that bad in the mtns
but pch was a hot mess after 10am. hadn't hit the west side in a while so stupidly tackled the climbs of deer creek + pacific view/cotharin and the upper part of yerba buena,
decker, the upper/boring part of encinal and latigo with the ups and downs of mully. hadn't been on the (closed) part of mully downhill from the stop sign at mully/little sycamore
to pch in a while. pavement great and a blast to descend, even with the "stops." tons of cyclists on the "closed" part of mully. last time i descended it,
the road chatter almost knocked out my fillings. pavement was generally good on all those roads, including lightly travelled pacific view/cotharin.

made three...count 'em-three stops at the decker rd. fire station water fountain to cool down/refill water bottles. the circle x ranch one on yerba buena was working but barely.

https://www.strava.com/activities/3816854699

Last edited by diphthong; 07-26-20 at 11:09 PM.
Likes For diphthong: