Old 07-31-20, 05:40 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1627 Post(s)
Liked 3,112 Times in 1,682 Posts
Originally Posted by 2seven0
Wife had to work today so I set off early on a wandering ride over Santiago Cyn. Hardly any cyclists & light vehicle traffic. Wanted to recon the Aliso Creek bikeway so I entered it on the north end of El Toro Rd. & took it down to Heroes Park & stopped for a snack. The north portion- beginning to where it becomes a wide sidewalk & parallels El Toro Rd is nice & wide & woodsy. Pavement is excellent. After you go under El Toro & continue south it becomes narrower and more winding. That portion is more suited IMO to walkers/joggers & family biking. Wasn't too crowded this morning but I wouldn't want to ride the southern portion during the weekend if it's crowded with pedestrians.
Exited at Trabuco then made my way west through Lake Forest, Irvine, Tustin & Costa Mesa then up the SART back home. 76 1/2 miles & 3400' total elevation gain. Beautiful sunny morning & got home before too much heat set in.
yah that aliso creek bikeway-"paralleling" alicia parkway-is nice but skinny is areas. weekends would be tough. i've found early weekdays on various stretches are pretty good.
really enjoy the southern end of the trail that comprises the in/out section of aliso/wood canyons park.