View Single Post
Old 08-25-20, 07:53 PM
u235

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 86 Posts
Originally Posted by 50PlusCycling
Hand washing with mild detergent, and then hang them to dry. Machine washing and drying is tough on clothes, and is the primary cause of wear and fading. Get enough jerseys and shorts that you can give each set time to dry before using them again. A good mild detergent is a decent quality shampoo. Dandruff shampoo works well to kill fungus in shorts. I was a medic in the Army, where so-called "crotch rot" was an issue with Infantrymen spending lots of time in the field with high heat and humidity, and few showers (and not fun, at least for me, to diagnose). Dandruff shampoo (like Head and Shoulders) was the best non-prescription cure.
Wow, its a synthetic material, I throw mine in the wash with my other clothes with average cost detergent on cold and most times it goes into the dryer. Instead of all the time spent on weekly or daily rituals I'd rather just buy new ones a year earlier if they deteriorate . Maybe because it is for cycling it requires more work then normal. I *do* use Odoban occasionally in the rinse cycle in all of my clothes and washables if it stinks but I already have it for other things around the house. Not just because it is cycling clothes. Sams club has it cheap.

Last edited by u235; 08-25-20 at 07:59 PM.
Likes For u235: