Old 09-23-08, 07:46 PM
invisiblehand
Part-time epistemologist

Bikes: Jamis Nova, Bike Friday triplet, Bike Friday NWT, STRIDA, Austro Daimler Vent Noir, Hollands Tourer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by somnatash
Ah the red line. That is 64,5 cm (I call it "from seatrail to center of bb"). Yes, I will swap the seatpost for a longer one. The regular seatpost is already 35mm so I will have to look for 40mm or more which are not that frequent. I spoke to Tom from Pacific Cycles about this issue of swapping the post. He warned me, that the tube might be bent then because of higher leverage, no guaranty any more then. (I don't have that anyway, have no bill) Then I spoke to Mark Sanders about this issue and he said with my weight I could relax and do it. The bike is free for 85kg and at that weight, he would not recommend to use a longer post.

Yes, folding size will be compromised but footprint here seems more crucial to me then folded height, so no matter. And perhaps I also try a shim or a slightly bigger in diameter post (which would have to be an unusual diameter of 27,3 -27,4mm then). My worries are solved for the moment as the post is actually not moving, it was the "connection between Seat stays and seat tube.
Hmmmm, interesting. Usually my top of the saddle to center of the BB measurement is 75 cm. I figure the distance from the rail to the saddle is probably another 4 cm ... perhaps one could move the saddle back a bit to get a couple another two cm (since I care about the hypotenuse, the distance will be less than the amount the saddle slides back).

Anyway, it is something to mull over. Thanks for the clarification.