Old 02-12-11, 10:33 PM
RunningPirate

Bikes: 1970? Dawes Galaxy (cannibalized), 197? Bob Jackson Frankenbike, 1989 Jamis Diablo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
It all depends on the doctor. As a rule, I tend to avoid them because a) I've been fortunate, for the most part, and b) I know of family members that either 1) made it a hobby to go to doctors, or 2) chose their doctors based on the sole criteria of ease of getting Valium prescriptions.

I've had good and bad doctors. One good one (Indian woman with British overtones) told me to quit smoking, drinking, eating so damn much and start exercising before she'd consider prescribing meds for my insomnia. One bad one had me do an EKG because he thought he heard something in my heart. Apparently, all he heard was an extra $600 in my checking account. For that matter, I had to call him after two weeks of radio silence to get the results.

Now, I go to the walk-in clinic if I have a problem that won't go away (e.g. Bronchitis). If I could get the clinic to deal with broken limbs, I'd probably do away with my health insurance altogether.