Old 04-14-11, 07:13 PM
ModeratedUser150120149

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Well, I am a relative newbie also. My first summer of serious riding was last summer. I say that to encourage you to take in all you read but to not concentrate too much on specific saddles. They seem to make a difference once you get toughened up but not before.

However, in the midst of all my pain I discovered one thing that no one had mentioned. My problem was not the saddle. As I said a butt will adapt to a lot of different saddles. It was chafing. Once I started putting something on my butt my comfort level went up markedly. I put it right on the area behind the scrotum and following the medial portion of the glutes around to the tail bone. In other words the exact areas that make contact with the saddle. I use Vaseline Lip Therapy.

So far this year my longest ride has been just shy of 40 miles and no pain (in the butt that is). The legs are another matter.

Also, keep in mind that different body types lend themselves to different sports. It may be your body (butt) type is such you may never get over the pain. I know some people like that. They just have to limit their miles or accept the pain.