Old 11-10-15, 12:03 AM
UmneyDurak
RacingBear

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermes
We were fortunate to have an aerial photographer show up for Saturday's session. She set up in the middle of the field and shot this video. Most of it was team pursuit (participants self selected teams) / pace line practice - one team launches off the back and another off the front and they chase each other for 2K. After the team pursuit was over, I put the group out as a peloton and had the same teams launch off the front and take a lap on the field. This gave the newbies a chance to ride in a peloton on the track and use the team tactics to lap the field. Later they did flying 200 meter sprints and then Australian pursuit. This was predicated by instruction and some contact drills - bumping and learning the old Madison exchange which is the push versus the modern sling. The push is to get riders used to riding and being able to do something else i.e. give their partner a push. This was all done at low speed first on the apron and then on the banking. All participants did a great job.

Video by Lauren

https://vimeo.com/145018943
Obviously @aaronmcd needs more challenge. Maybe something like this.

I approve of the music in last video. :-D

Too bad there is no indoor track in NorCal like there is in SoCal. :-(