robnol
Banned

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Paratus
Afternoon,

I am asking for opinions (understanding it could be dangerous......). New to bike riding as a hobby/health benefit. Health inspired as of May 2018 and at that time twenty minutes was big. Now I am riding 3 or 4 times per week with a current pace of 22.5 miles at an average mph of 16 (+/- .5 mph) and elliptical in the gym the other days. The benefits have become measurable on the scale, on the tape for physical dimensions, "wind" and heart rate.

I am am considering upgrading my current ride, a Novara Forza. I would prefer to buy "one more bike" despite the possible heresy that represents-LOL.

I am am seriously considering the Giant FastRoad Advanced but the dollars have me thinking the Giant FastRoad SL 1 might be almost as good. 105 vs Tiagra, CF vs aluminum, virtually the same weight near as I can tell, essentially the same geometry (large is the correct frame size for me; currently 6'1"+ and 256#).

I am am interested in the thoughts of those more experienced than myself in this area. I am disinclined for a drop bar bike, don't have a need for non pavement. Currently live in n FL in a neighborhood that folks come from surrounding area to ride in due to bike lanes etc. However it is still FL so FLAT. The bike will go with us to others areas when traveling with the Airstream ( inside the capped bed of truck).

I dont have firm future ride ride related goals however current distance/pace don't leave me worn out but actually ready for more with exception of a sore butt.

Lastly I am leaning toward Giant as the graphics are quite appealing (to me) the components are the same (for the most part) across the "majors", all brands seem to have the same solutions. Hybrid, gravel, race, endurance etc.

Thank you in advance for the opinion(s).
buy a recumbent and start to really enjoy ur rides ...way more aero than any upright could hope to be...no neck discomfort or saddle discomfort...u look straight ahead and enjoy the scenery as u pass all the uprights in their paceline